Aug 17, 2009

It's finally happened...

Behold! The very first installment of my new webcomic: "The Faithful".
(Click picture to enlarge.)



I've been wanting to do a webcomic for a few years now (sad as that is), and what mainly took me so long was finding a topic with some staying-power. I had a lot of ideas that seemed funny, but the fire died on them all too quickly. I thought about doing something news-related, so as to always have fresh material to pull from, but that would mean
1- I'd have to watch the news (and probably care), and
2- no more watching the Daily Show until my strip was complete (so as to not be tempted to steal jokes).

The Faithful is an idea that started back in the Springtime, when the Sox were starting a new season, and the Bruins and Celtics were playoff-bound championship contenders. Unfortunately, my new job was very demanding in preparing for the summer busy season, and so "The Faithful" never made it past the phase of a few sketchbook scribblings. Luckily, only a few of those ideas were time-sensitive, and so most of them will be resurrected into future strips.

The subject matter of this first strip is a month past-due, but I had to start somewhere, and this strip does a great job setting the tone for what's to come: Sox loving, Yankee hating, and all kinds of new Red Sox slang terms can be expected to be born here ("Jason B'eh", "Chaps my Sox", etc.).

And so on August 17th, 2009, I post my first strip, about July 14th's All-Star game in St. Louis.

My expectations for postings are once per week, scheduled day to be determined. We will, like Boston, focus on Red Sox first and Pats second, but will not forget about our beloved B's and C's. Branching out from there (Boston College, New England Revolution, etc.) is unlikely. I mean come on, How much can you accomplish in one week?

No comments: