Apr 22, 2010

#12: HyperEventilation



How 'bout them Bruins?
How 'bout them Celtics?
How 'bout that guy from the Pawtucket Sox being the best player on the Boston Sox?

If this strip isn't any indication, I watch Malcolm in the Middle a lot.


Dude, where's my cartoonist?
2 months off? Holy geez, what a slacker! Where've I been? Well, Spring Break season made work a little more time-consuming than usual, but the two real reasons I've been slacking are:
1- The web site:
The sketch blog thing works for starters, but I'd like to have a site more like Wonderella or Kukuburi, with archives, buy stuff sections, and most of all, navigation buttons. You will notice that I added my own at the top of the page here, but only the "First" and "Latest" ones work, while "Prev" and "Next" are really the two most important ones.
Since HTML is quickly becoming a thing of the past, I am now swimming in CSS books that I can hopefully wrap my little brain around.
I've also found a couple different hosts that claim to have "easy to use forums" that are supposed to help with programming and such. So far, that's crap.
These are the 2 sites The Faithful is currently trying to use:
http://thefaithful.thecomicseries.com/
http://thefaithfulcomic.wordpress.com/
So far, weak sauce.

2-Mystery Afoot:
Not a huge time consumer, but a project nonetheless. My friends Max (artist) and Zoki (writer) from SCAD (art school) have a comic about Cryptozoology that they were able to release in time for the C2E2 Convention in Chicago. C2E2 is supposed to be big enough to rival the San Diego Con, so great for publicity. Not sure yet how it did in that department, but I do know that Max and Zoki were able to set up shop and sell the book to a bunch of kick-ass people. Best of all, they asked ME to color the cover for them!

Logan and Alex, 2 of my other SCAD roomies, contributed to the Fan Art section in the back of the comic, which I'm guessing will be posted on the site soon enough.

And now for me to end my laziness, cause there's just WAY too much Boston sports awesomeness going around for me to not be sketchin like CRAZY!!

No comments: